24.8.10

Featured: Delilah Devine

brooches, wall art, homewares
After a long journey searching for a career to love, I finally found my happy place as a textile designer.  I spent several years working in Australia and overseas as a freelance and in house designer.

When my son was born in 2009 I returned to Adelaide. Finding myself needing a creative outlet, I started playing with paper cutting. Soon I was taking orders for personalised ‘name frames’ for kids. When I discovered a box of old wallpaper in my Gran’s shed, the path was well and truly set for me.

From vintage wallpaper art collages, I moved to jewellery and home wares and in October 2009, I launched the Delilah Devine range at the very first Bowerbird Bazaar. It was such a thrill to meet customers and hear their feedback, not to mention taking my first wholesale order!

Since then, I’ve been working on introducing new products and designs to the range. I’m also really happy to have converted to sustainable practices. My studio uses green power, all my plywood is certified sustainable, and I source my bits and pieces as locally as possible.

My vintage wallpapers come from op shops, friend’s sheds, auctions and garage sales. Sourcing the paper is one of my favourites parts of my job and I love the thrill of finding a real gem!

I’m so pleased to be returning to Bowerbird Bazaar this October. Its such a buzz to mix with other designers and shoppers who seem to really appreciate such a unique marketplace here in Adelaide.